For all Valentino Rossi fans, the AGV Corsa 2015 Winter Test Limited Edition is now available. The new livery chosen by Valentino Rossi features a fabulous two-colour design with his usual fluorescent yellow and blue colour scheme and his number 46 printed on the sides of the helmet in a new tapestry effect. The special helmet is available from today at AGV stores and on the www.agv.com website at a RRP of €959.
At the first test of the season at Sepang, the “Doctor” from Tavullia showed off the graphics on his new helmet and took the idea of “winter” tests very much to heart. Despite the sweltering heat, he showed up in the pits wearing a woolly hat with winter symbols like snowflakes, deer and snow-covered trees.
The Corsa model combines the performance of the Pista GP with the characteristics needed for use on the road. The Corsa has a Carbon-Aramidic-Fiberglass fibre shell, which was designed using FEM techniques and features EPS internal ducts to create a small, light helmet which is both comfortable and extremely safe. The result is a helmet that is significantly superior to the limits set by ECE standards and that weighs just 1350g* (+/- 50 g) in MS size (the weight refers to the ECE 2205 version)
The Corsa originates from AGV Extreme Standards Helmets, an innovative process that revolutionises the helmet design process to measurably and demonstratively improve protection, ergonomics, comfort, reliability and environmental impact.
- External shell in CAAF (Carbon-Aramidic-Fiberglass). Inner shell in EPS in 4 sizes;
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts on the shell and vents which direct air to the rider’s head;
- Ventilation system optimised in wind tunnel and consisting of 4 front vents (3 at the front and 1 on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors;
- Air vents with open/close mechanism;
- Large rear spoiler optimised in a wind tunnel to maximise aerodynamic performance and ventilation, even at high speed. Spoiler designed to detach from the helmet in the event of an accident to increase passive safety;
- New visor mechanism in metal with swivel opening. Rapid visor release system requiring no tools and allowing the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds;
- Visor Lock System (VLS) system that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. The visor meets Class 1 optical standards with a thickness up to 3.3 mm;
- Breathable, micro-perforated Lycra® crown pad with concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped in a single piece moulded around the contours of the rider’s head thanks to Rabbit System. No stitching in sensitive areas and padded with differentiated density foam. Option of personalising the fit of the crown pad. Can be customised at the area around the back of the neck with the insertion of a removable foam pad;
- 3D Shalimar® cheek pads with differentiated density foam. Inner liners covered by three patents. The fit of the cheek pads can be personalised;
- Fully removable and washable inner liners. Removable nose guard;
- Double D retention system;
- Size: XS – S – MS – ML – L – XL – XXL