Suzuki has finally took the wraps off the 2012 DL 650 ABS, the V-Strom. The new bike is longer, taller, and lighter than its predecessor and features an updated engine. The V-Strom has a 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue. All in all, the Japanese company failed to impress with the new V-Strom,the bike is still the poor man’s adventure bike.
Kex features of the bike:
• Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
• The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
• Stylish and functional front air intakes and side air outlets contribute to both looks and rider comfort.
• 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
• Comfortable riding position composed with a well-shaped seat, slim 20-liter fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
• Functional seat, combining red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and topped with an embossed V-Strom logo.
• The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end.
• Lightweight resin luggage carrier comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat and is one piece with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars.
• Instruments with an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
• Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
• LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
• 645cm3 V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for a full-range riding enjoyment.
• Efficient engine designs deliver high mileage and class-leading riding range.
• Radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency and allowing hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs.(*Suzuki-patented design.)
• The fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
• The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
• A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
• Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
• Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
• Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds.
• Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a preload adjuster.
• 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
• Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
• Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
*Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
• Transponder-type Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS) helps prevent theft with an electronic code ID system built into the owner’s key.(excluding North American specifications)
• A wide selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories, designed for a smooth, easy fit with the V-Strom 650 ABS, adds to both adventure tourer profile and function.