American manufacturer Harley-Davidson has just announced the introduction of a new bike to its 2011 line-up. A wide front end and chunky 16-inch tire give the new Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom a proud stance that’s strong and contemporary. Introduced as a mid-year addition to the 2011 Harley-Davidson model line-up, the 1200 Custom also features new wheels, a pull-back handlebar, and a reshaped LED tail lamp.
These elements combine to give the 1200 Custom an exciting new look, but that’s just a starting point for this Sportster model. The 1200 Custom will also debut H-D1 factory customization, a new opportunity that allows the customer to choose from seven option categories to optimize fit, function and style. By selecting from available factory-installed wheels, handlebars, seats, paint, foot control position, security system, and engine finish, the customer can create a 1200 Custom that is a truly personalized motorcycle. Factory customization and Bike Builder on Harley-Davidson.com are the newest elements of H-D1, Harley-Davidson’s comprehensive offering of customization tools, which also includes Genuine Motor Parts and Genuine Motor Accessory catalogs, the Genuine Motor Accessories Custom Seat and Custom Paint programs, the Chrome Consultant and Fit Shop advisors at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and much more.
The 1200 Custom offers a new look but is Sportster to the core, offering a compelling combination of bold styling, nimble handling and the irresistible beat of American V-Twin performance.
Key features of the 2011 1200 Custom include:
- Air-cooled Evolution 1200cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 79 ft. lbs. peak torque at 4000 rpm.
- Powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers.
- NEW Chrome, Five-Spoke cast aluminum wheels front and rear. Front and rear wheels are 16 x 3.0 inches.
- NEW Michelin Scorcher 31 tires; 130/90B 16 front and 150/80B16 M/C 77H rear.
- NEW Wider fork spacing and polished triple clamps.
- Pull-back handlebar mounted on a curved riser that incorporates an LED warning light display.
- NEW reshaped classic Sportster “eyebrow” over the headlamp.
- NEW tail light is smaller and has a new shape with a bright, low maintenance LED element.
- NEW Front suspension rates are re-tuned to match the new tire/wheel combination. 39mm front fork with 30 degrees rake.
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks.
- Two-up seat is standard. Laden seat height is 26.6 inches.
- The 4.5-gallon fuel tank offers long riding range.
The 1200 Custom has a suggested retail price in the United States of $10,299, and comes equipped with Chrome Five-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels, pull-back handlebars, forward polished foot controls, a two-up seat, black engine with chrome covers, and Vivid Black paint.