Harley took the wraps off a new bike in New York last weekend, the FXS Blackline. The bike is a softail-based cruiser that features simple stling, compact headlight, and dark look. The Blackline uses the Twin Cam 96B engine which is rigid-mounted within the frame. The 1584cc motor delivers 121 Nm at 3250rpm. Aboard the Blackline, the rider hugs the frame on the lowest two-up seat ever offered by Harley-Davidson, and reaches high for new Split Drag handlebars that bolt right to the top triple-clamp.
„The Blackline is a Harley-Davidson Softail pared to the bone with visual elements of the original bobber movement combined with a raw style embraced by today’s young bike builders. The rear fender is bobbed high-and-tight over a slim, 144 mm tire that emphasizes an authentic hardtail profile. The rider hugs the frame on the lowest two-up seat offered by Harley-Davidson, while reaching high for the new Split Drag handlebar. The rigid powertrain allows tight packaging of the engine and frame to create a solid connection between the rider and the power that moves the Blackline.” – says the press release.
Other features include:
- NEW Powertrain styling
- Powertrain is finished in gloss black powdercoat on the rocker box covers, the crankcase, the outer primary cover, and the transmission side cover. The cylinders are silver powdercoat with machined highlights. The derby cover and timing covers are chromed.
- Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam 96B V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 89 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3250 rpm.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive Transmission.
- NEW Round air cleaner cover in brilliant chrome.
- NEW Black Denim powdercoat frame and swingarm.
- NEW Profile Laced Aluminum wheels with black anodized rims. Front wheel is 21 x 2.15 inches; rear wheel is 16 x 3 inches. Dunlop D402 tires are MH90-21 front and MU85B16 rear.
- NEW FX front end with black powdercoat triple clamps and black painted fork lowers.
- NEW Split Drag internally-wired handlebars mount directly to the top triple clamp.
- NEW Asymmetric five-gallon Softail fuel tank is clean on the left side, with a low-profile fuel fill on the right. Die cast “Blackline” trim panel flowing down the center of the tank is just high enough to cover the fuel pump hardware.
- NEW Analog speedometer on a triple-clamp mount that also holds indicator lights. LCD screen on the speedometer includes low-fuel warning and “miles to empty” display function.
- NEW Bobbed rear fender with combination stop/tail/turn lights in black housings, and a new composite license plate holder and light module that mounts on the lower edge of the fender.
- NEW Raw forged rear fender supports are finished in Black Denim powdercoat.
- NEW One-piece, two-up seat and passenger pillion. Laden rider seat height is 24 inches, the lowest two-up seat offered by Harley-Davidson. Gap between the nose of seat and fuel tank exposes the top of the frame.
- NEW 5.75-inch diameter headlamp in gloss black shell.
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Over/under chrome shotgun exhaust.
- Optional Security Package with Anti-lock Braking System and Smart Security System