Honda has revealed the new CBR1000 RR. For 2012, the CBR1000RR gets Balance-Free Rear Shock, Big Piston Fork and new wheels. Add to that a 999.8cc engine pumping out huge midrange horsepower and torque for class-leading real-world muscle, and you have a high-performance package unmatched in its overall balance by the competition. In addition, new aggressive bodywork aids aerodynamic flow and high-speed handling, and new LCD instrumentation including a lap timer, five-level shift indicator and more, redefine the pure essence of liter-class sportbikes.
New for 2012
- Unit Pro-Link rear suspension features a new, patented Balance-Free Rear Shock from Showa that incorporates a unique double-tube design featuring a damper case plus an internal cylinder for more responsive damping and a smoother, better-controlled damping action.
- The new 43mm fork incorporates Showa’s latest Big Piston Fork technology with a larger damping volume to effectively reduce the hydraulic pressure generated as the fork legs compress and extend. The result is more precise action during the initial stroke and smoother damping action, for improved handling, enhanced front-end feedback and a more solid feel during hard braking.
- New 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels provide more consistent rigidity. Together with the new suspension, these wheels offer improved feedback for the rider.
- New layered fairing design creates a large pocket of calm air around the rider to improve comfort while also helping draw air through the cooling system. An integrated chin spoiler in the nose also reduces aerodynamic lift to improve handling.
- Multi-function LCD instruments communicate all important information plus the option of four readout modes for tachometer display, lap timer, five-level shift indicator, gear position indicator and more.
- New revised fuel injection settings give the CBR1000RR a more linear response, particularly at smaller throttle openings
- Revisions to the optional electronic Combined ABS create a new bias toward sporting/track riding conditions during rear brake application.
- New Red and Pearl White/Blue/Red colors join Black. (C-ABS model available in Red only.)