Ducati North America unveiled the 2012 Monster 1100 Evo naked bike to the U.S. market. the 1100 Evo proudly rolls out with a new exhaust system, comfortenhanced ergonomics, Marzocchi front suspension and refined tail-end in addition to the new Ducati Safety Pack (DSP) of ABS brake system and new 4-level Ducati Traction Control (DTC). The Monster 1100 Evo also breaks new ground by being the first ever Monster equipped with DTC.
Ducati’s application of the “EVO” treatment now runs deep throughout the Ducati range and its introduction to the ever-improving Monster family was inevitable. It completes a stylish family of lifestyle motorcycles with high attention to user-friendly and safety-conscious detail, while ensuring the Monster’s cult status as a design icon of hand-built, naked motorcycles remains as authentic as ever. The new Monster will hit dealer showrooms beginning of summer. MSRP is $11,995.
Key features of the bike:
- The engine is the Desmodue Evolunzione engine delivering 100bhp
- Marzocchi front suspension
- Brembo-Bosch ABS
- 4-level Ducati Traction Control
- Dry weight of 169kg (373lb)
- New exhaust system design follows a completely revised 2-1-2 routing
- Tubular steel Trellis frame with aluminium rear sub-frame