Piaggio introduced its revolutionary three-wheeler MP3 maxi scooter back in 2006, and the bike proved that this unconventional formula with two independent front wheels is working: since its launch more than 80,000 MP3’s have been sold all over the world. Now, the company decided to refresh the 125 and 300cc versions. The revamped MP3 got a new name (Yourban) and lost some weight. Both versions come with advanced technology, refreshed styling, and class-leading levels of trim and equipment.
The Mp3 Yourban features a youthful, sporty design. The two-colour scheme of the bodywork, with coloured parts alternating with aluminium-look painted inserts blends in with the matching coloured saddle and interiors. From a dynamic perspective, the reduced weight (an incredible 15 kg less than the current 300cc version of the MP3) is clearly perceptible in both unpowered manoeuvres and on the move. The version without the suspension roll lock weighs an additional 12 Kg less. The ideal riding position: while more compact in appearance, the platform is in fact even more comfortable, while its lower position (20 mm lower than on the standard Mp3) offers more space for the rider’s legs. The Yourban also features a pair of fold-out footpegs for the passenger which, when stowed, are perfectly flush with the bodywork. On the move, the front end is more precise and offers even more feedback. The improvement is perceptible even after the first few metres in the saddle: you almost forget that there are two wheels at the front, and instinctively ride it like a normal scooter.
For the extraordinary Mp3 Yourban, Piaggio has created an equally innovative range of dedicated accessories offering almost endless scope for personalisation and for enhancing the comfort of the vehicle.
- Tall windshield in 4 mm thick, extremely high quality, impact resistant, chip resistant metacrylate.
- Clear hand guards in impact resistant polycarbonate. With additional protective slider on outer side. Fitted with two fastener points on vehicle.
- Rear quick release top box kit large enough for a full-face helmet. Includes comfort backrest for passenger in same material and colour as saddle. Cover in same colour as vehicle.
- A range of dedicated helmets with external shell in ABS and removable cheek cushions to permit installation of Bluetooth system. Adjustable long visor, inner padding in non-allergenic fabric and strap fastener system with fine adjustment. Available in three colours coded with colours of vehicle.
- E-Power electronic antitheft system with electronic key and two button remote control.
- Practical and easy to wear universal leg cover.
- Outdoor vehicle cover in black waterproof material with thermobonded seams, Piaggio logo, reflector strip and clear window for license plate.